If you are playing rummy, the most important aspect is to form valid sets and sequences to win the game. You need to understand the rules of rummy very clearly, before you start playing an online rummy game. Here’s how to form a valid set and sequences in rummy online.
- Make a pure sequence at the beginning of the game. A Pure Sequence is a group of 3 or more cards of the same suit but different values. You cannot use a wild card or Joker card when forming a pure sequence. Here is an example of pure sequence 4♥ 5♥ 6♥.
- Once you have formed a Pure Sequence, you need to form an impure sequence. It is similar to pure sequence, however, here you can use a Joker or wild card to complete the group. Here is an example, 8♠ J 10♥ Jack♥. Here, Joker is used to replace 9 ♥.
- Finally, you need to form the sets. A set can be formed with 3 or more cards of different suits but of the same value. So, A ♥ A ♠ A ♣ is an example of a valid set in rummy.
- Once you have formed these valid sets and sequences in rummy, you can Declare and win the game. Whoever, makes a valid declaration first is the winner of the game.
- Remember, if you make an invalid declaration, then your opponent wins the game whether he has arranged his cards or not.