Points rummy is one of the fastest rummy variants with each game of one deal. Here the players play for a pre-decided rupee value. The winner gets all the cash at the end.
- The game starts with each player bringing a minimum of 80x point value.
- Points rummy variant is similar to the other types of rummy where you have to form a pure sequence, sequence and sets.
- The player who makes a valid declaration gets 0. The players who lose, get points that are a total of deadwood cards that they hold.
- If a player leaves between the game then there is a penalty= Full count x bet deducted.
- If a player is disconnected for any reason, then the auto play feature automatically kicks in for the next 3 rounds. If he resumes his game, great otherwise it is considered a middle drop. If another player has made a valid declaration during this time, then the disconnected player will get 30 points. Here’s how to play points rummy game.
- If a player drops out of the game, then it is divided into 3 sections.
- First Drop= 10 points
- Middle Drop = 30 points
- Full count = 80 points maximum
If a player thinks he has a bad hand and wants to drop out of the game, then it is best to do at the beginning of the game. This keeps the loss to the minimum. You can learn rummy rules in detail click on “what are the rules to play Rummy online?. Going for a middle drop or full count just adds to point loss. If you are in the middle of the game, then it is best to continue playing and give it your best shot.