Deals rummy is all about playing with chips that are given at the beginning of the game. Players have to pay an entry fee and then play for the pre-decided deals that can range from 2 to 6. Here’s how to play deals rummy.
- The game consists of 2 deals, played by 2 rummy players.
- Each player starts with 160 points i.e. 80 points/deal.
- Player with the highest points at the end of both deals is the winner.
- It is compulsory for both players to play both the deals. Drop option is not allowed.
- There are 2 printed Jokers and card jokers in the deals.
- To win the game the player must form a pure sequence, sequence and sets in the group of 13 cards.
- Sequences has to be of the same suit but different sequential numbers. Sets are the same numbers but different suits.
- In a pure sequence you can’t use the Joker. However, impure sequence allows you to use Joker card to replace any card.
- Player who makes a valid declaration with highest points wins the game.
- Please note that in deals rummy 1 points is equal to 1 chip.
When the points of the losing players are calculated, then the points are only for the unmatched cards in the hand. The sequences and sets are not accounted for. Deals rummy challenges the players and it is important to understand all the rules before moving ahead with the game.