The online rummy game is played with the help of two card decks, consisting of two Jokers. To play online rummy, a player needs a steady internet connection. Here’re are the rules to play rummy online.
- An online rummy game requires the player to form sets and sequences from the 13 cards in hand.
- Cards in each suit have a rank from low to high. Ace 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Jack Queen King. The Ace card can also be used as 1 or face card when forming sets. The face cards, that are K,Q,J have 10 points each. Ace also has 10 points.
- To declare the game, a player must form two sequences out of which one has to be a pure sequence. One sequence requires having 3 or 4 cards, while the remaining sets and sequences can be 3 cards each.
- A sequence is a group of cards of the same suit. For example, A♦ -2♦ -3♦ . This is also an example of pure sequence. In case of impure sequence, a Joker is used to complete the group, for example 4♠ -5♠ -Joker
- A set is a group of cards of same rank but different suits. A player can make 2 sets in the game. Joker can also be used to make a set. Here’s an example of a set, Q♥ -Q♦ -Q♣ .
Note: A set cannot have 2 cards of the same rank in a group. For example, 4♠ -4♠ -4♣ is an invalid set.
- Once, the player has arranged the cards in valid sets and sequences, he can discard the last card in the discard pile and click on the ‘Declare’ button to close the game.