One difficulty or inconvenience which normally haunts the players in the game of online Rummy is abrupt disconnection. It is very common in the online world to experience disconnection due to loss of internet connectivity. So, what happens when a player gets disconnected in the middle of the game? Should he stand to lose immediately? The answer is “No”. You have your game saved even during disconnection and online Rummy sites have done a lot of homework for you to stay in the game even during disconnection. Let us quickly understand how the system works.
As soon as the Internet connection goes off for a player, he gets a lifeline though thanks to the disconnection policy provided by the Rummy sites concerned. The policy is as briefed below:
- When a player’s internet gets disconnected subsequent to his first move, “disconnection timer” gets activated. Once it gets activated, the move jumps to the next user. This process will continue till the timer time elapses.
- When the disconnection happens subsequent to him picking up a card during his turn, the system discards the picked card.
- If the user gets reconnected, the disconnection timer stops and the time remaining on the disconnection timer will be used during next disconnection.
- Provided that the time left in the disconnection timer is 20 seconds upon recommendation, the same duration will be available for the user to perform his next action.
- When the disconnection happens during melding, the disconnected user gets a meld time extension of 30 seconds in addition to 45 seconds of meld time.
- When the disconnection happens during declaration, an extension of 45 seconds of melding time in addition to disconnection timer will be available to the user.
So, when you get disconnected frequently do not get annoyed. The disconnection policy is out there to help you overcome it.