Pools rummy is a popular form of rummy that is played from 2 to 6 players. The objective of the game is to keep the minimum score at the end of the game. Here’s how to play pools rummy game.
- The player in pools rummy has to form valid groups in the form of pure sequence, sequence and sets.
- A pure sequence is a group of the same suit but different values in a sequence. Joker can’t be used to form a pure sequence.
- Impure sequence is the same as pure sequence, but Joker can be used to replace one card value.
- The remaining groups can be sets that is same value but different suits.
- There are two variants in pools rummy, 101 and 201 pools rummy. If a player reaches 101/201 points in this game he is eliminated.
- The player who is left at the end with the minimum points is the winner.
- In pools rummy, the points are calculated with first drop 20 points; middle drop 40 points and 80 points maximum in full count.
- The prize money is calculated (Entry Fee) X (Number of Players) – Rake
Pools rummy is a popular variant, however, keeping the points low is a trick and you need to practice and improve your rummy skills, before you start playing cash pool rummy games.