Points rummy is one of the simplest form of rummy. In this game, players are required to play for points that have a pre-decided money value. Here’s how to play points rummy game.
- Each game in points rummy lasts for just 1 deal.
- All the points have a pre-determined value.
- Each player in the game brings a minimum of 80x point value.
- The game is forming valid groups in the form of sequences and sets.
- There are 13 cards that need to be arranged in pure sequence, sequence and sets.
- A pure sequence is a group of cards of the same suit of different value but in a sequence. In a pure sequence, you can’t use a Joker to form a group.
- The player can form impure sequence and for this he can use a Joker.
- The remaining two groups can be sets.
- In case a player drops the game, he loses 10 points in the first drop; 30 points in the middle drop; 80 point maximum in the full count.
- The person who makes a valid declaration first is the winner.
- The winner gets Reward Amount = Total Points of all Losing Players X Points Value – Rake.
Practice doing quick points rummy calculations before playing the rummy game for cash. It will help you make quick decisions effectively.