Rummy is a popular card game and is played between 2 to 6 players. The aim of the game is to make sets and sequences and make a valid declaration. Here’s how to use Jokers when playing online rummy.
- Jokers are used to form valid sets and impure sequences in rummy. Whether it is a two-player rummy game or a four-player rummy game, there are only two Jokers that are allowed in each game. However, one wild card in the rummy game also acts like a Joker. So, every game will have 2 Joker cards and one wild card to play with.
- To make a valid declaration, player needs to form a pure sequence and the remaining hands can be arranged as impure sequence and sets. To form a pure sequence, cards need to be of the same suit in consecutive order. In a pure sequence, you can’t use a Joker.
- In impure sequence, the cards once more need to be of the same suit in a consecutive order but you can use a Joker as a substitute for a card.
- The remaining cards can be arranged in sets. In sets, there are three or more cards of the same value but different suits. Once more, you can use Jokers to form sets as well.
- Before making a declaration, make sure you have arranged in your cards in valid sets and sequences and used your Jokers wisely.
Playing rummy is always fun. However, it requires focus and concentration and needs every move to be made carefully. You can check my previous post on “what are the useful Rummy tips to be a Rummy champ to utilize your jokers in a smart way. Play rummy online and win cash prizes on the go. Rummy is a game of skill and there is no matter of chance involved. So, get started with online rummy today.