The game of Rummy, the most popular online game in India, is played with at least a deck of 52 cards. Before knowing to play Rummy, it is essential to know what constitutes a deck of 52 cards. A deck will have cards of four different suits viz. Spade, clubs, Hearts and Diamonds each owning four face value cards – Ace, King, Queen and Jack. If you are interested to know how many even number cards are in the deck, here it is:
2, 4, 6, 8 and 10 are the even number cards found in each suit and since there are four suits into to, the total even number cards will be 5×4 = 20.
Having known the constitution of cards as above, let us go through the tips to play Rummy.
- Rummy is the game played with an objective of forming at least two sequences one of which must be a pure one and the remaining cards will be used to form sequences or sets. So, remember this objective carefully and give your priority to form pure sequence first. This is the important tip for any Rummy player.
- Holding high value cards is a taboo and so discard them as far as possible immediately so that you are not burdened with more points.
- Know how to use joker cards (wild card / printed joker) since they can be used to replace any card to form a sequence or set. Do remember joker cards cannot be used to form pure sequences.
- Have a close watch on the moves of your opponents and ascertain from their actions as to what type of arrangements they are trying to form. The following methods can be used to gauge your opponents and influence them.
- Discard a random card that you have a two of and see if your opponent picks it up. If he does you will know what sequence is he looking for.
- Keep discarding lower value cards or picking up high value cards for three to four consecutive turns so that you can confuse your opponent into thinking that you are about to finish the game.
- Keep drawing cards from the open deck which will confuse your opponents who will fold the cards thinking you are winning the game. This act of confusing your opponent is called bluffing.
- Do not hold any card for too long. Keep changing your plan as per the existing situation and be flexible. Persevering with just one plan is not a clever idea to win Rummy. Always look for plan B.
- If you are unable to finish the game holding difficult set of cards, just drop yourself from the game so that at least you are not losing with more points. You can either drop yourself at the beginning of the game or at the middle of the game.
So those were the tips to win the game of Rummy which is essential for any Rummy player to know before proceeding to play the game of online Rummy. You can check previous post on “how to play 13 cards rummy” here, It may help you to play rummy like champions.