Learning rummy is quite simple. All a player needs to do is understand the rummy rules completely and then go on playing. It is only with practice that a player can becomes a master of this card game. Here’re some tips to learn rummy the easy way.
- Read all the rules of the rummy card game. It is important to understand the difference between sets, sequences and pure sequence.
- Understand the use of Jokers and wild card Jokers. They play an important role in rummy and to win a game you need to use them wisely.
- Watch the online rummy video tutorials to get an understanding how the game table looks like and how moves are made. It is the easiest way to see a game in action.
- Understand how the points are calculated in the 13 card game and always do the calculations when you are playing your hand.
- Play practice rummy games and see if you are able to make valid declarations and win the game. Every time you make a mistake, make a note of it and then try to improve it in your next game.
- Play beginner’s rummy tournament to see where you stand when playing with other beginner rummy players.
- Observe your opponent moves and keep a close watch on the discard pile. It is your biggest hint of the cards your opponent holds.
Keep practicing rummy regularly and you will be able to learn rummy and improve your skills in no time