Rummy is a fun game and it can be played between two to six players on each table. Most people think that rummy needs many players to come together and then only cash games can be played. However, rummy can be played with a minimum of two players. Here is how the game of rummy is played.
- Each player in rummy game will be given 13 cards from two decks of 52 cards.
- The aim of the game is to form sequences and sets and make a valid declaration
- When you are playing with two players, there is a random shuffle done and one of the players start playing.
- The most important thing in the game is to form the pure sequence. For a pure sequence you need 3 or more cards of the same suit in a sequence. Without a pure sequence, you cannot make a declaration.
- Once the pure sequence is made, you need to form the impure sequence and sets. For the impure sequence you once more need 3 or more cards of the same suit, however you can use a Joker. With the use of the Joker, you can make an impure sequence.
- Finally, the players need to form sets that can consist of 3 or more cards of different suits but same value. It is important to know that in one set, you cannot use 2 cards of the same suit.
- Once you have arranged all your cards in sequences and sets, you can click on the Declare button and win the rummy game.
Rummy game with two players move fast and is comparatively simpler to play. If you are beginning with rummy, try playing the two player game. it is the best way to get a hang of online rummy. If you are new to rummy my previous post “how to play 13 cards Rummy” will be helpful to you.